Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Jeremy's Weblog

I came across this blog tonight. It was a "Blog of Note", or something like that, on Blogger's homepage. I know I aspire for my blog to be noteworthy, but nobody reads it. Anyway, I thought it was very funny and genuine. He invites emails if you like his blog. Here is what I wrote.

"Yeah. I like it. Your blog, that is. And I didn't go to law school. I often consider going to law school because I hate my job
as a freelance writer/producer of corporate videos. But it beats working for a living. I have lots of time
to read other people's blogs. Is that apostrophe in the right in the place? I was an English major, but that one always gets me.

It seems to me that if you're a lawyer, people will actually pay to listen to your advice. And then, they'll generally do what you say.

If you're a freelance corporate video producer, people hire you for your expertise, and then do the exact opposite of what you advise.

Tomorrow I'm producing a segment for an (cable network deleted) show. The subject is tile. It doesn't move. It doesn't do anything.

Other producers get to do segments on vibrating home theater chairs, and nifty garage organizers, and really expensive
swimming pool toys. I get tile. That should be some great television."

I'm actually excited about doing this segment. I like the production company. And the show is great. It should be fun. But I was serious about no one ever listening to your advice if you're a video producer. Maybe I don't charge enough?

Check out Jeremy's blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog!
-me

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home