Monday, August 22, 2005

Welcome to DeepWater

Creating a blog looks like a great idea. It feels like a great idea. I've spent weeks imagining what a great blog I can create.
I read a few blogs. Some of my friends post intelligent, thoughtful blogs on a regular basis. I'm a professional communicator with no shortage of opinions, so how hard could it be?

Like most things, it's harder than I thought. Technically, it's a snap for a hardcore Mac user like me. Notice that I said user, not hacker. Perhaps a better description of my computer skills is "consumer." But when it comes to consistently providing content that others will want to consume, I begin to feel the weight of the web on my shoulders.

The objectives for DeepWater are to keep it interesting, useful and hopefully entertaining.

I'll draw from my professional experiences as a freelance writer and producer of what I call corporate television, my involvement with a small advertising firm, my dabbles in commercial real estate, and generally concise observations about whatever catches my interest.

I'll keep things as anonymous as possible from my end.

And I welcome comments. My key admonition is not to submit in writing anything you wouldn't want your mother, my mother, or a child under 13 to read. Anyone can type profanity. It takes just a little more creativity to find a child-friendly way to make your point.

So, welcome to DeepWater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home